Abbotsford Quilters Guild
Creativity…Education…Laughter…Sharing…All in ONE Package!
The Guild introduces quilting to the public by way of quilt shows of members’ work. The Guild also encourages its members to independently and cooperatively make quilts for charity.
- Participate in monthly guild meetings, weekly ZOOM virtual sew-ins, and other virtual and in-person gatherings
- Receive monthly newsletters
- Borrow from an up-to-date library of quilting books, magazines, patterns, DVDs and stencils
- Learn from demonstrations and programs
- Be inspired by Show & Tell
- Benefit from workshops and classes
- Engage in quilting project opportunities
- Enjoy an annual Quilting Retreat Weekend
- Invitation to join the Guild’s private Facebook group
- Contribute to quilts created especially for our community
The Abbotsford Quilters’ Guild encourages its members to independently and cooperatively make quilts for its charitable arm, the “We Care Comfort Quilt Society”. Through this society, we provide quilts, made by our guild members, to needy recipients and charities. These are distributed primarily in Abbotsford and Mission to the following recipients, but also province and nationwide:
- New Beginnings (for children of teenage parents completing their high school education)
- Peardonville House (for preschool children of rehab residence)
- SARA for Women (Abbotsford and Mission) – Transition and 2nd Stage Housing, Christine Lamb Residence, Santa Rosa, Pregnancy Outreach program
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (and a special quilt for the ARH New Years Baby)
- Quilts for Survivors (for residential school survivors)
- Victims of natural disasters (floods, wildfires, etc)
We fund our We Care Comfort Quilt Society with money raised at our biennial quilt show, “Quilts in the Valley”, which showcases our members’ work. All profits go towards the purchase of materials to make the charity quilts. All donations of quilting fabric and/or batting are always welcome.
Get In Touch
We’d Love to hear from you
Do you want to learn more about our group? Please come and check us out at our next meeting. Non-members are welcome to visit one time as our guests. Subsequent visits require that you pay a visitor’s fee of $5.00 to help our guild cover the costs of room rental and programs.
If you want to take part in guild workshops or use our library along with other member privileges, consider becoming an annual member – just ask at the membership table for an application form.
We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, except July and August, from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. We hold our meetings at Ross Road Community Church, 3160 Ross Road, Abbotsford, BC. If you’d like more information, please send us an email.